Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Candy Time at the Brady's!

Every year for Christmas we make homemade chocolates. It is a long
process. First we have to make the fondant which is the soft candy
that we later dip in chocolate. Mmm my mouth is already watering!
First we have to cook the candy. Until it reaches the right temperature.Then we have to poor it out onto the marble slab! When we
were little they would poor a little into the corner so that we
could each some without attacking the candy. We each would
get our own spoon for taking our samples!:)Then we have to let it cool down!Once it's cooled we get to stir it! You have to stir forever
until it decides to turn consistency. Once it turns we
add coloring and flavor. Typically we do a batch of mint,
orange, olympian cream (kind of carmelly). Sometimes we
do cherry, chocolate, coconut and so on. For some reason Ben decided he needed to pout while
we were making the fondant!Here are the two woman who know what their doing. Grandma
could probably make fondant with her eyes closed! We usually do
it with Aunt Sandy's familybut this year we split up the days
so that we weren't doing 20 batches at once!

Pretty soon it'll be up to all of the girls to carry on this tradition!
I had to talk my mom into doing it this year! Pretty soon it'll
probably be Me, Kristen, Kate, Nat, Steph Jamie and Jerica
caring on the tradition! That is if we can keep everyone
in the same state! I know mom, grandma and aunt Sandy
are looking forward to the day that they get to sit around
and watch us do the work haha!

I took this picture for Jamie! I knew you would appreciate this
more than anyone else this year! Jamie is busy playing in
the sun in the Cayman Islands so she didn't get to make the
candy with us this year, she just gets to enjoy the yummy
results! This is the scrap bowl that makes everyone sick to
their stomach because it is impossible to resist!

8 comments:

Mallory said...

what a fun thing to see you on here! what is your email address so i can add you guys to my private list?

Taryn said...

Oh man oh man I can't wait!!!!! Bring some over right now!!! Did you take those pictures today...which would be Tuesday?? Because super freaky if you did because I wore the exact same sweater thing...but mine is green...great minds think alike! I seriously can not wait until I get to put one of those sweet little babies in my mouth!!

Jamie Perucci said...

KARA!! i loved this post more than any other post on any other blog i've looked at lately and you know what?? i've been a blog lover lately hah but seriously this made me SO jealous that i'm not home for the holidays that is hands down my favorite tradtion and it'll be crazy when we are the ones doing it because i dont' think we'll EVER be as good as grandma or our moms at it! and that scrap bowl has my name all over it every year! hah well that is if i can get it out of your hands! haha i can't wait to eat it! and in 32 days i can!! i can't wait to see you kb!...G hahah i forgot that!

Alexandra Sandvik said...

Well look at little Kara all domestic and spousal! I'm so happy you found me in the blogosphere! Now I can stalk what you and your cute husband are up to! (Which I fully intend on doing, by the way. You were warned)

TJ and Stephanie said...

hhaha our blogs are practically identical! We must be related or something :) I'm not sure when we are dipping ours... I'll let ya know.

natalie brady said...

I'm so sad I have to miss out on this!

ali and allis said...

kara! we are blog friends. yahoooo. ha ha. we totally put more pictures of the boyz night up.

anyways though, i want to know how to make candy! teach me that. yeah? i miss you, we need to do lunch sometime.

Tyler and Kristen said...

that is exactly it with the boogers. yep, you understand.