Monday, July 20, 2009

One Accomplishment After another!

I am very proud to say that even though it doesn't show quite yet I'm starting to get into better shape! While up in bear lake Devin and I rode a half century on our bikes! Basically we rode all the way around Bear Lake! Yes Kara actually biked 50 miles with only having to stop twice. I thought I was going to die because the first 25 miles were all up and down hill...I'm very proud of Devin for putting up with my complaining at first but once my legs warmed up I had a blast! I also ran a 5k with Kate during Lavender Days! Unfortunately I realized I do not love the smell of lavender it kinda made me sick while I was running! But I made it to the end and am excited to get into better shape to do another one! I am really going to miss the warm summer days because I am more motivated to exercise when it is warm outside! I'm am getting into biking these days though with Devin, who is REALLY getting into it! He is basically a pro already with all the fancy gear! I'm excited to watch how much I will be able to improve!

4 comments:

Tyler and Kristen said...

Great job! I'm so glad to hear you are getting in to biking, I am trying to do the same, and it's so much more fun when you arn't trying to keep up with someone else (Tyler). We will have to go riding!

KeNzIE said...

The cutest biking couple ever!!! I love it! I still can't believe you wrode 50 miles! THats awsome! You should be so proud of yourself!

Brittney Maxwell said...

KARE BEAR!!! wow dude, i didn't know you ran that 5k! thats sweet! if only i could do such a thing.... lets play soon?!?! ok! love you

Anonymous said...

So we need to all go riding together again, and maybe I won't get bored. hahaha